22 Degrees. That is summer in my book.
Watermelon Tequila Cocktail
Ok - I'll admit this is a bit fiddly but given how awesome it looks, it has to be done!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups tequila
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- In a large jug, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
Creamy Cucumber and Dill Canapes
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 20g italian style salad dressing (can buy New World or Countdown)
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 1 baguette, cut into 1.25cm thick circles
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, dressing mix and mayonnaise.
- Spread the sliced bread with a thin layer of the cream cheese and top with a slice of cucumber. Sprinkle with dill.