Way to go Watermelon.
I'm seeing an abundance of watermelon in the supermarket at the moment. It must be time to indulge in a bit of tequila and watermelon. How good does this look? Yum.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups tequila
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer/sieve over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- In a large jug, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.